This morning, I was moved, as I looked around our very full living room. We had 4 new people today, but that really filled the place up. So, we had 17 total:4 children, some teens, the rest adults.
One of the families that has decided to join us have been believers for a long time. Dale led worship for us and it was such a blessing to have live worship. Such a difference. Lee did an amazing job of communicating that we serve an Amazing God. He just did such a great job...was so real and genuine. The atmosphere in our living room was so full of the Holy Spirit. On a side note, I am so proud of Victoria. She prepared a special lesson and craft last night about Baby Moses and the children all made Moses in a little basket. Moreso than the craft, she is so committed to these four children...I love her for that. And that she takes it seriously. And they all love her. We ended with cookies and a fellowship time...celebrating joshua's bday.
At the end, I was able to minister to one of the girls. Here, one thing I have encountered is that alot of people have "prayed the Prayer" but don't really understand. So I just spent a long time explaining to her. And that one Sunday is not enough...it is a lifelong thing. She rededicated her life to Christ. She is planning to come back and bring her mom. And I am so thankful. So thankful for small beginnings.
In every church, I have always been busy with the children, which is an important aspect of the church, but my heart is to minister more to young women now. And to be a part of the service. Ministering alongside Lee instead of in the back, somewhere. God has changed my heart over the past year and given me more confidence that He can use me...more than I have allowed Him in the past.
One year ago, was the hardest Sunday ever for me, to tell Life Church we were leaving...today, looking around the room, I am in love with Belize and its people and these people in my living room were worth coming here for....to show them a REAL Jesus...and that HE is the answer to it all....and I already have that Pastor's wife love for each of them:)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.