I thought it would be fun to show you how different the food is here. Milk is a journey. The bottom line is it just doesn't taste the same. WD is the big dairy here, in Spanish Lookout, and I am blessed that they deliver to me. I just choose what I want when they come and it is a little discounted from the store. The problem is we like the milk to cook, etc, but not to drink. The Lala Milk is better to drink. It is a pantry item that you refrigerate once it is open. And the regular milk goes bad quickly, so my friend told me to buy a bunch and freeze them and just bring them out as needed. The sour cream is yummy...I used it to make my banana cake on Saturday with Erika. We are going to plan to tour the dairy soon. The hot sauce is local. It is everywhere. And it is hot...remember the hot peppers...oh yeah, thats it. The eggs are brown and soooo yummy. We easily go through a flat a week. The orange juice...my darling squeezed that this afternoon with our new electric sqeezer. I hear you can buy 150 oranges for $8...need to find them. The squash juice, we dillute with water. Its pretty good. You can buy premade juice, like motts or cranapple, if you want to take out a loan!!! We would go through it too quickly to pay what that stuff costs...
My freezer: stocked up little milks, whole nuts, stocked up bread (no preservatives), and yes, some WD ice cream, for an occassional special treat. It literally melts in your mouth...and I dont even like ice cream, well, actually now I do:) Oh, and we have to make our own ice...so we never have any...gotta get a system going. Spoiled Americans!!!
I have TWO, Not ONE Produce drawers full at all times. We go through the fresh produce. We go to market twice a week, and I stock up each time. Lot of freshness...MMMM.
WDs cheese. We go through that too...but I just stocked up this past weekend. Happy Cow is a fun snack for the kids. And deli meat.
This is Vivian. She is 18 and a senior. She is planning to come to the US for college so we have been helping her fill out forms, etc. She has moved in with a friend closeby, so we hope to still see her often. She is a bubbly, energetic girl.
Oh, yes, water. I use the water if I am cooking, but we buy bottled water. We had to buy two jugs that we will turn in when we want more. The very first bottle we got had a leak that went everywhere, because we did not notice right away, but this one is better. Lee is getting some muscles, having to do all this stuff too:) MORE muscles, I mean.
A glimpse of my room....Just sheets and decorative pillows...my comforter is folded up...dont think we will use it much here. And always my bottle of water with lime slices from our tree. It was so nice, we went to lunch yesterday, with fresh squeezed OJ, homemade Banana cake, and some guavas cut up from our tree outside. I felt so domestic.
For Christmas, I asked for Beth Moore Bible Studies...I was blessed...I have my devotional time cut out for me for a while. Nice to be settled and to get into some patterns again.
And today, I began with Daniel. I am going to miss the video sessions and gathering with friends, but looking forward to what is revealed to me in His Word.
loved love loved seeing about your freezer/ foods. That is so interesting to me, thanks for sharing. You are inspiring me to eat less perservatives here in the states. I also need to get a Beth Moore bible study book. Thinking of you today on Grace's birthday and committing to pray for blessings for you today as thanks for all you've given us through love for her.
ReplyDelete