We are very busy down here lately. But God is good and just helps us tick away at all the things we have to do. Who would have known it would take so long for us to get settled?
Friday, we woke up early and headed to the market. Our bunk beds were built but the wrong color. So we still wait. But we picked up this nice rocking chair...everyone loves it. And the Mennonites came to our house and we are having them build some things for us. Josh also got an armoire for his room...it looks like the one in Narnia..so cool.
Then we ran various other errands: chicken store, back to the doctor, mattresses, and I can't remember what else. Finally got someone to mow our jungle, i mean lawn.
Friday night, we had Carolyn and her kids come for dinner. That was fun. Then Saturday for lunch, we had a couple and their little boy, Christopher, over. Erika and him are only 4 days apart. They played so good together all afternoon, and she crashed as soon as they left.
Then we quickly shifted gears to have the Autery's, our friends from Katy who we stayed with our first night in Belize...come over for the night. It was so nice just to fellowship with them. The kids enjoyed it so much as well. We had a full house that night, us each having 4 kids. The girls stacked up on the girls new mattresses, the boys in the living room, and the parents each had a room. And amazingly, all went smothly. We even got it together to host church this morning:) We are looking into renting a place starting in April, but are just meeting at the house for this month.
Erika found Joy's hat and had to be miss cool.
So this afternoon, I must admit I was pretty tired. Tori and I laid on the couches to watch a really good movie called, "No Greater Love", but I think I snoozed a little in the middle, in between hanging laundry and washing every dish in the house.
But it was a good weekend. I am still not regulated with my thyroid so am very tired. I thought it was just moving, but now that we did my bloodwork, we saw. So, we will get it straightened out. But I really enjoyed serving this weekend. I am ready to have my energy back. I was thankful because it was actually so COLD last night...and I definitely enjoy the cooler temps.
We are just beginning to be able to reach out and meet more people. I met our neighbor yesterday. She was so kind. She made something so delicious for us and when I went to thank her, she said she would love to teach me some cooking...what a blessing. And there are just some other good things happening. God is so good. His timing is best and perfect.
I am beyond exhausted tonight, and have few pictures, but just wanted you to know God is good in Belmopan...
Night.
It really looks like you are making great progress. I wish we could be there to see how God is laying this out for you. We miss you all very much. Emily talks about Victoria often. Hopefully soon they're be able to skype each other. We will be sending you something soon. Let me know if there's something special you'd like. We love you, Hilda
ReplyDelete