Sunday, March 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Joshua Aaron

This is the youngest pic I could find of My sweet boy...around 2, an outreach at the church we started in Dallas...always ready to jump with new friends.  Look at that blond hair:)

around 3, visiting church in Abilene where Daddy used to be a children's pastor

around 5, first Fall Festival for church in Katy, with cousin and Best Friend, Tyler, and Victoria is in there too...

Basketball Camp Outreach for Life Church in Katy, around 5 yrs
Josh loves his Red Fanta...some of our first days in Belize

saying goodbye to the girls that you grew up with since Kindergarten...til High School...last Sunday at Life Church






always a clown

look how your little sister adores you

oh dad, you are crazy

Fun at the Space Center on Spring Break


One of your favorite birthdays...uncle scott came and brought his 4 wheeler and we camped with all your friends.  I think you were turning 11.

riding a camel in Israel...Tori held on to you for dear life

See how much you are loved by these sisters

not too big for Daddy to hold!!!

proud big brother of your new sister...

always the joker...

Daddy loves having an excuse to play the games...you know, father son bonding..


Joshua,
You are the child that I prayed for...15 years ago today, my life was filled with great joy, when I looked into your big brown eyes.  Unfortunately all your beautiful baby pictures are safely stored at your grandparents home...  But these will do.  They capture how you tolerate/love your sisters.  Poor boy, you are always outnumbered.  But you and Dad have each other.  You have always been Daddy's favorite guy to play nerf wars with.  I remember how he would enjoy your birthdays as much as you, to play with all your new toys:)

Joshua, you were born into the ministry.  You are a pastor's kid, and you do it well.  We have always been so proud of you.  So proud of how you have just been yourself and not tried to impress anyone, yet you impress all of us how you serve Jesus in a real world.  How you have always stood up for Jesus wherever you are.  How you willingly laid down your life in Katy to come on the mission field.  You were called too...that is how cool God is.

You make me laugh every day...it drives your sister crazy, because I cannot even get onto you...because you are such a joker...just like your dad.  You are like Dad in so many ways.  But you are like me in ways too.

You are an extremely organized young man.  You are bright...school is pretty easy for you, most of the time.  You are energetic, yet, find ways like wheeling around in your office chair all over this tile house...not to use your energy????  You are very inquisitive and like to know how things work, and will figure it out if you don't know how.  You enjoy sharing what you are learning in school...that is when I know you are interested.  You are very tight with money...especially your own.  You like to keep your wardrobe simple...tshirts and basketball shorts.  But you have to look cool all the time.  I was sad the day I could no longer pick out your clothes, but also thankful that you have your own sense of style.  Your hair is now long.  I look back at your pictures, all those years of your little short hair, and how much older you look with your longer hair.

Josh, you are a joy.  You are an awesome, fun big brother, who cares about his sisters, but is cautious to show it in public.  You are a blessing as a son.  You have always been trustworthy and responsible.  We have never worried that you would not be truthful with us and we appreciate that.

This birthday is different, like everything else this year.  No big party with all your friends.

But I pray you know today how special you are to our family.  You are our eldest, firstborn.  You turning 15 makes me happy and sad.  It means you are close to graduation, close to being out on your own.  I know I can't keep you young forever.  So I want to just cherish these last few years before you head out to college and the big world.

Love you Josh:)


HAPPY FIFTEENTH BIRTHDAY

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Josh!!! I hope it's wonderful!
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn, just as you recollect, I am right with you. 15 is such a different time as moms. Not new teenagers, but older. More mature. Really showing who they are becoming. Us having these precious babies 13 days apart, living across the country from each other, yet one day in a tiny town in Texas the Lord brought us together as friends and brought our babies together as friends. He is so amazing how he orchestrates our live. Enjoy your special day of Josh's birth. He is someone to be amazingly proud of! Happy happy birthday Josh!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Josh! Great pictures Robyn I really enjoyed looking at all of them. You guys have done an awesome job raising all of your kids and Josh is an amazing kid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robyn when you and Lee look back when Josh is even 17 at what you wrote about him, and poured your heart out. He truly is blessed to have you and Lee as parents. He'll always know that too. He's growing and will be a strong young man with wonderful values, wisdom, a great heart, and he loves to love (even if he hides it now).
    What a great tribute to him.

    l miss you all and hope to see you soon~
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.